Thursday, April 2

Let's Go To Candy Mountain, Lola...

Greetings from the end of the world.

Tuesday is my birthday. I already received $75 from one set of my grandparents. I intend to go spend it tomorrow night on a fancy Chinese dinner in the nearest big city. Should be fun. And then I get to come home and be reminded that I live in the middle of nowhere. For example:

I was at ballet last night and mentioned wanting to hang out with some of the other dancers over my birthday. Their only suggestion for nearby activities was that we go roller skating at the only rink for 50 miles - The Rainbo Palace. Firstly, they need to spell it right... Secondly, I've been in there. The walls are painted light blue with rainbows and a big castle. All it lacks are the unicorns. On second thought, I think they have one of those too. The floor has large uneven cracks all over it. And then there's the music. It's literally not been updated since the rink's opening in 1983. I suppose it's better than nothing though, since there literally is nothing else. But I'll stop complaining; at least I know I won't live here forever...

On a different note, I had a lovely opportunity today. Having nothing better to do, I watched my brother's science class dissect a (very large) grasshopper. For some odd reason it brought Mr. Miyagi to mind....anyway, the experience goes on my list of "most disturbing experiences ever" along with all the other dissections I had to watch for school.

Since tomorrow is completely free until evening, I think I'll stay up extra late tonight. Maybe watch my favorite three movies (Shall We Dance, The Importance of Being Earnest, and National Treasure if that gives you any glance into my taste in humor). Maybe it can help discourage dreams of grasshopper intestines and unicorns.

Here's to Peace, Love, & Magical Leopleurodons
~Lola

Post Script: I took a Lord of the Rings quiz today which said I am Samwise Gamgee. Not that that's even remotely related or important to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment