Monday, April 13

Does This Qualify As "Good" News?

This morning I was pondering the phrase "good news" and came to the conclusion that there is no such thing. Now, I'm not being hopeless and saying that all news is bad. What I mean is, in order to be a silver lining, there has to be a cloud; being one of the "cup is half empty" people, I tend to see the cloud first.

For example, today my dance instructor informed us that we've completed 8 minutes of choreography to Vivaldi's Summer. She said it's wonderful news! So wonderful, in fact, that we can go ahead and show off and do the whole dance! My group was ecstatic. But to me, that "good news" meant 4 more minutes of choreography to learn in one Saturday that I will most likely not be there.

In another example, Relient K didn't post their weekly webcast yesterday as they said they would. I was a bit disheartened as I waited till midnight to see if it was just late. (not like it's that big of a deal since John Warne might not be in it anyway...) But one of the band members blogged that it was because they were so busy making the new album more amazing than the last. But I first noticed the cloud again.

However, if you caught onto this, the silver lining is always far brighter than the road block it's hiding behind. So maybe we should try our hardest to look at that instead of the looming clouds. Because I know I'd much rather have another "FiveScore" than a third video blog posted on schedule.

Here's to Peace, Love, & Finding The Bright Side
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment