Thursday, April 16

Starting Over

Lately, I've been spending more time in prayer, and I feel like maybe God's trying to tell me something, but I couldn't quite place what that something was - until this morning. I awoke for no reason at 5; finding myself unable to sleep, I pulled back one of the curtains in my bedroom and watched the sunrise over the treetops in the front yard. That's when it hit me. Endings can be happy and great, but sometimes it's the beginning that's beautiful. Think about the word "beginning" and what comes to mind? For me, the word brings thoughts of hope, new life, and the chance for something wonderful.

Throughout the day, it's as if God flipped the lightswitch on. The Weather Channel predicted "the start of a beautiful spring." I had the chance to pic out fabric for "the beginning of a fun summer project." My dad officially "began his role" on the local jury (sure, that's not amazing but it helped to get the point across to me.) I am sure I heard the words "beginning" "start" and "new" a thousand times today. But maybe it's not the world that's suddenly different - maybe it's God trying to change my perspective to a more hopeful outlook. Either way, I've made up my mind that the past is behind. I'm starting over for the last time,and I don't know how it will turn out, but I have the feeling that this beautiful beginningmight finally reach a happy end.

Here's to Peace, Love, & Starting Over,
~Lola

1 comment:

  1. Your 10th blog post! *celebrates*

    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" is what comes to my mind when I think about the word "beginning."

    ReplyDelete