Saturday, March 28

Back To The Crossword Puzzling Days

"You know someone's a ballerina if their houses are cluttered with bobby pins"

That quote, like, every other seemingly derogatory comment about ballerinas, is completely correct. As I scrambled around my house this morning to get ready for ballet, it occurred to me that I had picked up a bobby pin from the office bookshelf, one from the windowsill in the dining room, and one from inside my guitar case. As I pulled the last necessary pin from my jewelry box, I checked to make sure I'd gotten everything together. Legwarmers, underall, pointe shoes, my 30GB Zune, and my cell phone. I then checked my watch and was on my way out the door, foregoing breakfast for time reasons, when I was reminded that class was rescheduled for two hours later today. I took a moment to take a breath before noticing just how scrambled my schedule has honestly been lately. It seems like I'm juggling and about to drop one of the pointy objects currently being tossed through the air. During my two hours of having absolutely nothing to do, I decided to drag up an old project from the depths - my old crossword puzzle. Not solving it, but creating it. It's the crowning achievement of my Nintendo obsession; it's the 25 original Smashers' names going down, with the names of the newcomers going across. As I sat and worked, I found I was able to enjoy myself much more than I have in a long time.

At the end of the day, I've come to the solution that the busyness of life is what makes ballerinas scatter their bobby pins across the house. Never any time to put everything away, never any time to do the things that need done. But that's why everybody needs an hour or two to themselves. Who knows, maybe I'll finish my crossword puzzle next time!

Here's to Peace, Love, and Taking A Breath Every Once In A While
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment