Thursday, March 12

Ahh, Tea.

I woke up this morning with one of those premonitions that the dull ache in my throat is bound to turn into something worse. But the show must go on, nonetheless. So here I sit, a cup of peppermint chamomile next to me, watching the snow drift down outside my bedroom window. The heavy clouds have turned the world outside to grey. It's 39 degrees today; the snow is less like snow and more like little packets of slush tossing themselves to the earth in swirling circles.

I'm so ready for spring. Ready for the flowers and the sunshine. Ready for the rabbits and the robins to come back. Ready for that feeling of another year waking up from its dormant sleep. Soon enough, I suppose, it will be here again.

Until then I'll just sip at my tea.

In the words of Wordsworth:
"For oft, when on my couch I lie in vacant or in pensive mood, they flash upon that inward eye which is the bliss of solitude; and then my heart with pleasure fills, and dances with the daffodils." (from 'I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud' - a very lovely poem which I suggest reading)

Here's to Peace, Love, & Hopeful Thinking
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment