Thursday, June 4

Intermission

Every ballet performance has more than one act. Between two such acts, there is a pause given for the dancers to take a break and prepare for the rest of the show. This pause is called intermission.
Here's a little "did you know" about intermissions. The only children's movie with intermission in it is 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. With good reason, too, since a straight 2 1/2 hours of confusing fairy tales and whiny children could grate on one's nerves.

But intermissions occur in more than performances and movies. Sometimes it can be a blissful pause in life between chaotic days. For me, my intermission begins today. I no longer have to prepare for our showcase which was pulled off with several backstage hitches that the audience never saw. I no longer must worry about due-dates for multi-page papers or study hereditary gene traits of pea plants.

The only thing on my mind anymore is the trip to Wyoming in July, Ignite Chicago, beginning work on my ballgown, perming my hair, and keeping up with the band members as Relient K works on a new CD...so maybe that is alot, but to me it's all very enjoyable and I'm quite pleased to have some structure to the endless days of summer.

I got my cast off on Tuesday, and the pain is all but gone. I can't play my guitar yet, but I will soon enough. <3

Here's to Peace, Love & Summer,
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment