Saturday, June 20

It's Like Letting Go Against My Will...

I woke up today wishing I was someone else. Someone with sandy blond hair and eyes that waver between brownish-gray and blue. Someone who talks with an accent and a different sense of humor. Someone who is my best friend's best friend.

For the past few month I've slowly watched my best friend be stolen away by this person. I've never personally talked to them and I'm sure s/he's very nice and isn't intentionally doing this, but it's happening none the less.

What used to be a promise of "best friends for life" has deteriorated to sharing the leftover time when I'm the only person still around. I love my friend more than I can say, but it's slowly becoming clear that they don't exactly care. I guess that's what this all comes down to - I've never had anybody tell me that they care, that I'm their very best friend, that they'll always be there for me. I would give anything for someone like that who won't let me down...

Here's to Peace, Love & Trying To Sleep When The Pillow's Too Wet.
~ Lola

P.S. I recently discovered that more people read this blog than I thought (thanks, everybody). So, to my best friend who now reads this, I'm sorry if writing this hurt you. I'm sorry I'm so selfish. Please don't be mad, but it's the only way I know how to tell you what I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment