Thursday, June 18

Excuse Me, I'm Looking For the ITCZ...

I'm sitting here with a pen and paper, ready to post something witty and interesting. But today, I've found that I have nothing to say.

I believe it stems from having nothing to do. Intermission may be nice for a while, but it can easily lead to the Horse Latitudes. The Horse Latitudes are an oceanic latitude where winds may suddenly die for hours, days - even weeks. Spanish merchant ships would then be forced to throw their cargo of wild horses overboard to conserve water for the crew to stay alive until the winds picked up. Not a pleasant history, and not a pleasant place to be.

Unfortunately, I think that's where I am. For the past week, I honestly have done nothing at all. I was planning on breaking the cycle and doing something fun like tennis today, but yesterday I was diagnosed with asthma so going outside at this time of year just won't work. But I'm not going to stop trying! The ITCZ is somewhere around here and I'm determined to find it. Maybe sewing my dress is a start in the right direction...

Here's to Peace, Love & Spanish Merchant Ships.
~ Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment