Monday, May 11

Long Days, Longer Nights, Waiting Makes the Time Go By...

In other words, I've been bored as of late. I'm waiting for the next 22 days to pass. Then I get my cast removed and can play my guitar again. In the unwanted break, I have been able to write two new songs so I can have something new to play at least.

I'm sorry I haven't written for a while. Our ballet showcase is next weekend and the dances are still being changed and two of the other dancers haven't been to class for a few weeks. We've been extending rehearsals and scheduling last minute run-throughs of our four dances. We took out the fifth one because we weren't prepared for it.

In my personal life, I've been doing quite a bit of drawing lately, both with my tablet and also with my drawing notebook. It's enjoyable, and I'm finding several new techniques, but I'm afraid I'm no good at drawing in the first place, so the techniques aren't going to do any good.

In even less related news, Relient K's new CD will be called "Forget And Not Slow Down", or at least that's what seems to be official. I'm slightly worried that I may not like it, simply because everybody seems to be changing their sound lately and they're the one band who definitely didn't need to change anything. If I in fact, don't like it, I'm in a strange predicament, because I just framed a 24x36 poster of them and put it up in my bedroom. Oh the things I spend birthday money on.

In yet less-on-topic news, I'm very close to finishing Phantom Hourglass. I almost got to the 5th level of the Ocean King's Temple before I got killed by a phantom. It's relatively hard to play with only one hand.

Now that I took you on a whirlwind trip through the last nine days of my life, I'll leave you to unscramble the randomness.

Here's To Peace, Love, & Catching Up
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment