Saturday, May 2

I Refuse To Do The Limbo

I'm in pain. Not the deep emotional hurt that sometimes clouds my view, but the literal ache in my left wrist. So forgive any typos.

We defied the rules yesterday and went roller skating. The people who run the place are so far out of touch with reality that they didn't know what the swine flu was. It was a blast except for a few things. Firstly, one of my friends ditched me for playing a board game with her boyfriend. Secondly, of my song mix, the DJ played a total of 6 songs, preferring instead to play the chicken dance and the cha-cha slide. And thirdly, the limbo. I was determined to not do it. Who in their right mind would? Nobody in attendance could skate worth a gumdrop. But the DJ literally grabbed my arm and dragged me to the limbo bar and made me go under it. I let my weight slip back a bit and my feet started sliding out in front. To break my fall, I put out my left hand. Wrong move. I didn't cry, but it hurt like heck. Thank goodness it was at the end of the party. For the remainder of the night, I just put ice on it and moved on. I even slept on it, on the floor mind you, and put up with it. This morning my hand went numb when I moved my wrist. It jerked strangely when I moved it and it was impossible to turn it palm-up. I asked my father to look at it since he's a nurse, and he drove me to the hospital where an x-ray revealed a fracture on one side and a buckled bone on the other. In short: I have a broken wrist. I'm in a sling with a splint at the moment. Once it stops swelling, I'll have to get a cast on it.

So, guess what? I don't get to do recital. Crushed is an understatement. I wanted to do this so bad...I've never missed a recital yet. I cried on the way home from the hospital. There were alot of people coming or wanting to see it via DVD. And now I've let them all down. If it weren't for the Skittles I'm currently eating, I'd say I hate my life right now. To anybody reading this that I let down, I'm sorry.

Here's To Peace, Love, & Not Doing The Limbo On Roller Skates,
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment