Wednesday, October 28

The Endless Dull

Fall has come to my little corner of the world. With it, it's brought the gloomy dull of a dead autumn. The leaves were only beginning to transform into fiery glimmers of golden ochre when a sudden rainstorm left the trees empty of all but a few straggling survivors.

It's also brought a lifeless shade of dull to my days. There is little to capture my interest, and the endless hours seem to drag by, pulling me with them into silent solemnity.

My only thought to remedy all this is to focus on the things I have done lately. So I'll share them on here.

My cousin is a flight attendant in Dubai. He gets a month off, so he's coming to live here. I gave him my room. I moved a bed into the attic. Which is fine. It's like a little piece of the world all to myself. Not that my room wasn't, but I guess it's just different. He's great though. He's originally from Australia, and I had never met him until last night, but he has the best accent. The four-hour drive home from the airport was entertaining to say the least. Anyway, he's still adjusting to the fact that it's 11 hours in the past here compared to Dubai, so he's been sleeping all day so far. I can't imagine time traveling like that. I'd probably sleep an entire week.

I've felt very far from everybody lately. I suppose that's normal, but it still makes me feel strange. As far as friends go, one's busy with school, another gone for 3 weeks to Canada, another just hasn't spoken to me much. Somehow I think he's mad at me, but I wouldn't know since we haven't talked. I guess I should just move on because 'I have better things to do' but to be honest, I really don't have better things to do. Except study, but I do that anyway. I don't know. I suppose you could just say I'm lonely.

I also made a YouTube account. I bought a new digital video camera last night. I intend to make video blogs. I do not, however, intend to show them to you. If you get bored enough, you'll find them and you'll recognize my channel by the colors and description, as they match my page here. It should be interesting to say the least. I'll probably get alot of rude comments as is the norm with that silly website, but I don't really care what they say.

So that's my life. Talking about it actually does seem to make it seem a bit more lively. Maybe it's just me who feels so dead...

Here's to Peace, Love, & Fall
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment