Saturday, August 22

I'm Going To Make An Entire Post About Relient K

Come on, you know I can do it without even trying. But, I won't. I'll just share a little about Relient K and more about my life, since that's what blogs are supposed to be about, right?

So, today I reached a new level of happy. I called it Relient K Happy. Why? Cause it was brought about by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PSQ6JALkZs

and the track list, and the "I Don't Need A Soul (To Hold)" lyrics. The world is such a happy place today. But, as promised, this post will not be all about Relient K.

See, I got the song from my friend Ike, who I hadn't heard from in over a year and a half. It was so unexpectedly pleasant to hear from him again, but it wasn't how I expected. See, I met him as "ikethespecial" on an Animal Crossing site. He and I talked about Relient K mostly, and he was probably one of my nicest friends on there. But then he left...
Well today I get followed on Twitter by "relientike" Suspicious? Quite. Being the person who always speaks her mind, I simply asked him flat-out if he was ikethespecial. He said he was, but (here's the surprising part) he only added me because my username has "relientk" in it. He doesn't even remember that we were ever friends! Not that he meant it rudely or anything, but it looks as if we'll be starting at ground zero in this friendship...

Speaking of friends, I lost one a few days ago. He was one of my best friends too. See, this is how it goes in my world. I have PJ/, who you all remember from the post I put out on his birthday. He's my random, funny, sweetheart of a friend who I consider closest. Then I have Rhett, who is older than me, and probably the smartest person I know. He's really accepting, a bit sarcastic, but totally the sort of friend everybody would want. And then there was Roux. He was...just like me. Everything I needed, he was there for. We laughed, we cried, we watched chick flicks and bashed boys when they broke our hearts...until two days ago. That was the day he left. Left for Nevada, told me we couldn't be friends anymore - swore it hurt him worse than it hurt me. I cried. Alot. But let's not go there. Why? Because, as Matt Thiessen puts it,

"The sun still burns the shadows out, and there's nothing to complain about now"

So, I'm going to take his other advice, and forget about all this and keep on going. Why, because I've got PJ/ and Rhett on one hand, and on the other I have my new friend who, for all practical purposes, has friendship amnesia. The world's still spinning, and Relient K's new CD comes out in 45 days.

That's alot to be happy about!

Here's to Peace, Love & Being Relient K Happy
~Lola

P.S. Did you notice Relient K was mentioned in each topic? I guess I failed at not making the entire post about Relient K. ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment